For us, it’s personal.
As your trusts and estates team, our highest priority is getting to know you and taking the time to understand your values, priorities, and goals. From there, we draw on the experience of our multistate interdisciplinary team to help you articulate your plan for the future in the way that works best for you and your family.
View our attorneys in this practice
Our estate attorneys provide the full spectrum of estate-planning services—preparing wills and trusts, helping with business succession planning and fiduciary selection, and strategizing about the best course of charitable giving. Our range of experience within the practice enable us to provide smarter, more strategic counsel for a wide variety of clients. Case in point: Because we frequently act as fiduciaries for clients, we have firsthand insight into the challenges fiduciaries face. In turn, this hard-won acumen makes us even more effective at representing fiduciaries in all situations.
We’re sensitive to clients’ budgetary constraints and routinely seek out the most efficient, resourceful ways to meet their estate-planning needs. For example, during estate settlement, whenever possible we’ll cut down on billable hours by bringing in our seasoned paralegals, who can do the job just as effectively for a fraction of the cost.
Because we’re part of a larger firm with multistate, cross-industry, and cross-practice area experience, you’ll have seamless access to other groups whose skills complement our own. This comes in handy when you’re looking to change your domicile to another state, crafting a tax-efficient approach to estate-planning, working out the nitty-gritty details of business succession planning, or contesting a will, fiduciary breach, or terms of a trust in court.
Our practice includes:
- Estate planning (drafting of wills, trusts, powers of attorney and other related instruments)
- Administration of estates and trusts
- General fiduciary representation (executors, trustees, agents under powers of attorney, personal representatives, guardians and conservators)
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns
- Federal and state tax appeals and general tax controversies
- Dispute resolution and litigation representing fiduciaries, families, individuals or institutions involving the management or disposition of property in estates and trusts
- Representing owners of closely-held businesses in succession planning matters
- Antenuptial agreements
- Issues surrounding family compounds and vacation properties
- The establishment of tax-exempt charitable foundations and general advice regarding the management and administration of private foundations and other charitable entities