Sexual Misconduct Response & Investigations Training for Secondary Schools
DATE: 26 SEP 2017
TIME: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
LOCATION: Bernstein Shur, 100 Middle Street, Portland, Maine - IB Conference Room
Get Directions »
In this one-day training, Bernstein Shur education attorneys Kai McGintee and Sara Hellstedt will provide a comprehensive training program on sexual misconduct response and investigations for secondary schools. Utilizing a case study, Kai and Sara will explain:
- Trauma-informed response protocols
- Complex mandatory reporting requirements for minor students
- How to evaluate and respond to student requests for confidentiality
- How to communicate effectively with parents
- Tips and techniques for establishing mutually beneficial relationships with local law enforcement and outside crisis resources
- Best practices for conducting fair and trauma-informed sexual misconduct investigations
Presentation materials and a valuable desk-top resource guide on sexual misconduct response and investigation protocols are included in this full day seminar.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Heads of Schools
- Deans of Students
- School Counselors
- Student Life Staff
- Campus Safety Personnel
- Title IX Coordinators
- School attorneys
The fee to attend this seminar is $600.00. There is an additional $100 discount for registering more than one attendee from the same school.
To register, click here, and please include your name, title, school organization, address and email.